Tuesday 7 August 2012

What's your #TopTweet?

Not TOTP #TopTweet
How it all came about...
Each summer I like to spend a little bit of time reviewing my current marketing and business plans and seeing what improvements I can make.  Part of this process is to review my 60 seconds introduction that I make at business networking events and see how I can improve it.

I think it's all too easy to fall back on the same material and I wanted something new, exciting and dynamic that I could use that reflects the ever changing Social Media environment I work in.

So I've had an idea, as a social media trainer and consultant, why not tap into all the social updates that happen every second and share my favourite one for that day or week?

This might be something interesting & relevant in the news, it might be to help promote a great company I've heard about or work with or it might be something inspirational that I'd like to share with my colleagues.  It might even be something a bit quirky and funny that shows my funny side but also helps people remember who I am.

What I also thought was how can others benefit from this idea?

Originally, I thought I would like to call this my "Tweet of the Week" a bit like "Top of the Pop's", however having searched for the hashtag #TOTW - I can see this is already used to mean "Tune of the Week".

#FaveTweet has also gone and implies that you could probably only ever have one or two of these.

So eventually the unique hashtag I've found that is currently not being used is #TopTweet

Would you like to join in?
If you's like to share your favourite tweet of the day or week - simply include the #TopTweet hashtag and this will add your tweet to the conversation. Why not give it a go.

Look forward to Twearing from you!

http://twitter.com/HelenColdicott

No comments:

Post a Comment